CAV (again)

|

This post is overdue! It's way overdue that I don't even remember what dessert I had. I had to dig into my previous Facebook and Multiply posts to find out. But... I remember it was a fun night.. Christmas Dinner with friends last 2008. Yes, yes... that's about 4 months ago.

I've blogged about Cav before but I won't be talking about wine this time (I'm not too sure if I talked about wine that time, I'm too lazy to search for it from the bunch of posts I've accumulated). Anyway, this time I got to try their food.

I never expected that it would be as cheap as it was. Sorry, it's not cheap. It just seems like they charge more but not that much. A three-set meal for less than one thousand pesos-sesos-ses. And the food was really yum!

...Especially the soft crabs, I wanted another order but I also wanted to try other dishes. So I had the lamb chops. Nothing special there but good nonetheless. The rice just didn't cut it for me. Other than that the rest of the lamb was good. Quite tasty, actually! I finished the lamb when I realized I haven't taken a picture of it yet so pardon the worthless shot I have posted. Scraped to the bones.

what's left of my lamb chops

Dessert was not bad too. I'm not a fan of banana (so I'm a bit biased) but the dish passed my standards. And, don't blame me if I don't like banana yet I had the banana creme brulee... It was the waiter's fault! He wasn't too keen to notice that I ordered soufle, not brulee. Careless but forgivable. Anywho... I still had my wine after and I had several glasses. It was a Christmas Dinner so I had all the excuses I need not to be sober!

My Creme Brulee

One last thing! Funny that everytime I remember Cav, I always picture a rat sneaking up the tables. This is no joke but we saw a rat the size of a grown cat hovering the beams of the restaurant. How's that for fine dining!? I hope they had the place eradicated since then coz I like the place (and I don't mind seeing rats) but it's just a mood spoiler. Service was OK except that they had my order wrong (and I remember my other friends had theirs wrong too---and there weren't a lot of people then--- so I guess it's not that OK after all).

If you plan to visit, It's at the Fort right across Nike and Mag:Net. It's a nice place to hang and have good dinner.

0 comments: