The Mourning Papu

|
Here's a picture of our Papu, our family's saint, dressed to fit the occasion to mourn the death of Christ. It was a Good Friday then and he's all ready for the night.


Papu had been with the family for quite a long while now and I would always hear of strange but totally amazing things about him. It was said, and I notice this too, that there are times when you look into his eyes and you'll know if he's sad or happy. I swear! It gives me the goose bumps but I know this first hand.


The time I took the picture, I felt he was sad and I understand entirely why. Weeks after, Cho Herrar, my lola's brother, passed away.


There have also been stories that Papu would at times wink at my Titas and Titos, and my cousins. Very playful Papu I should say.


It's been very nice to see Papu that time after years of haven't been visiting the province. Next year, I'll try to visit again. I hope to see him dressed up for the Wednesday procession. That's his most handsomest and the one I always miss. :)

0 comments: